In this context, commission is the percentage an administrator retains of royalties collected before paying them out to their client. Commissions are the primary - and sometimes only - way in which administrators are paid for their work on a client's catalog.
- Administration Agreement (Deal)
- Publishing Administrator
- Music Publishing
- Publishing vs. Distribution
- Music Publishing Administration 101
- Does Songtrust's admin commission apply to all my royalties?
- How much does Songtrust cost?
Go back to Glossary