The Mechanical Licensing Collective (The MLC)
The MLC is responsible for providing blanket licenses to all streaming services in the U.S., and to collect and distribute all resulting royalties. The MLC's remit is to attempt actively to match as many unmatched royalties and compositions with the correct rights holders as possible, and in that connection, it is responsible for creating and maintaining a publicly-accessible database of works, songwriters, rights holders, and related recordings. The MLC was established as part of 2018's Music Modernization Act.
- What's the Deal with Unallocated Royalties?
- The Mechanical Licensing Collective and Your Royalties
- What is the Music Modernization Act?
- Songtrust: The Music Modernization Act and You
- What is The Mechanical Licensing Collective (The MLC)?
Go back to Glossary