Interactive or "on-demand" streaming services (like Spotify, Tidal, or Apple Music) allow listeners to choose what recordings they listen to, and they generate both performance and mechanical royalties. Non-interactive streaming services (notably Pandora) - sometimes loosely referred to as streaming radio - in which the listener does not choose the specific songs, pay only performance royalties.
- Streaming Royalties Explained
- How Spotify Streams Turns Into Royalties
- The Guide to Music Streaming Platforms
- Seven Ways to Get More Streams
- How to Collect Royalties for Interactive and Non-Interactive Streaming
- Help Center: Interactive & Non-Interactive Streaming
Go back to Glossary