Payments made on a per-use or blanket basis as established by a license agreement. In the context of music publishing, royalties refer to the income earned through the use of a song. This can include album sales, digital downloads, streams, radio airplay, and a host of other forms through which songs earn income for songwriters and music publishers.
- Publishing Royalties: The Waiting Game
- Publishing Royalties Amongst a Pandemic: COVID-19’s Impact on Royalty Collection
- What are Music Royalties? The Difference Between Recording and Composition Royalties
- Mechanical vs Performance Royalties
- The Four Steps to Collect All Your Royalties
Go back to Glossary