Affiliation means becoming a member of an organization or society and granting them a number of rights and responsibilities regarding your works. These include licensing, tracking, and protecting usage of your songs, authorizing other societies through reciprocal agreements, licensing rights to your songs on your behalf, and accounting for and paying royalties out to you, the songwriter.
- Defining Pay Sources: The Difference Between a PRO and CMO
- Explaining Reciprocal Agreements vs Direct Affiliations in Music Publishing
- What if I'm not affiliated with a PRO?
- You can affiliate writers, but can you affiliate publishers?
- Can I switch my Performing Rights Organization (PRO)?
Go back to Glossary